Air Date: August 29 2021
Meg Henkenhaf is a food freedom and body acceptance coach. On this show, Shawna and Meg share their unique stories that brought them to a space of body neutrality. Their learnings allow us to see ourselves and our world in new ways.
Disclaimer: We are not doctors or medical professionals, we are simply sharing our experiences and what has worked for us based on own healing and self love. Take and use what resonates with you and if you have any further questions feel free to reach out to me.
- How did you view your body growing up? Did you always love and cherish it?
- How can we enjoy our bodies regardless of our judgement of our outer appearance, insecurities, body size, or longing for something different?
- Is there anything else you want to say on this topic?
- Growing up, Meg was a dancer, harshly critiquing her body. However, she’s grown from this experience into a coach focused on health, wellness, and self-love.
- Clothes are supposed to fit your body. You are not supposed to fit into the clothes.
- Body neutrality is allowing yourself to feel good, bad, or in-between. Through that process, you can respect your body.
- Discover clothes that feel good. Finding something that is the right fabric, size and fit is so important to increase your confidence. You don’t even have to sacrifice style while doing it.
- Beyond focusing on your aesthetics in any situation, observe your senses and the experience. Enjoy the moment.
- Your body image doesn’t come from your perception of your physical state. It’s actually a projection of what you feel and who you think you are. As you practice self-love, you naturally start having a better perspective on your physical appearance. You start making space for acceptance from the inside out.
- Be patient with yourself. Your body neutrality journey doesn’t happen overnight.
- Remind yourself that baby steps are the forward motion that will lead to a lightbulb moment and real change.
SHAWNA PATRUNO (HOST OF REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shawna.patruno/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reawakeningbeauty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnapatruno/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/patruno_shawna
FREE RESOURCES AND MORE INTERVIEWS (YOUTUBE)
PUBLISHED WORK ON CONFIDENCE AND SKIN CARE TIPS
- Published Articles on Confidence: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_fallwinterissue_final2/s/11329571
- Skin Care Tips: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_summerspringissue_finalj2019_on/16?ff=
MEG HENKENHAF (GUEST ON REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
Meg is a food freedom and body acceptance coach, who uses her own personal experience along with her education in nutrition to guide women through the process of repairing their relationships with food and their bodies.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meg.henkenhaf/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meghenks/