Air Date: October 31 2021
Cultivating the connection between your brain and your digestive system can impact your everyday life. Host Shawna Patruno and Guest Gabi Greco walk you through the basics behind this relationship and why you should pay attention to it.
- Do you want to let people know about the intolerances you have and how they have impacted you?
- Can you tell me more about the intolerance tests?
- What made you feel better and more confident in your own skin?
- What does the brain-gut connection mean to you?
- What food can you bring when you’re going to a family gathering or special event?
- Where can people find you?
- Gabi suffered from metabolic issues, irregular periods, asthma, eczema, headaches, and other issues. She identified wheat and milk intolerances as the major contributors.
- What’s the difference between food intolerance and allergies?
- Food Intolerance causes issues with digesting foods. These reactions are often less severe than allergies. Issues include irritable bowel in response to stress, lactose intolerance or a lack of digestive enzymes, or sensitivities to food additives like the sulfites in dried fruit.
- Food allergies are caused by an immune response and can affect various organs within the body. This issue can cause things like anaphylactic shock.
- Intolerance test used:
- Testyourintolerance.com: https://www.testyourintolerance.com/
- In all languages, self love comes from research and understanding.
- Once you start taking care of yourself, you gain confidence in yourself and what you do.
- When your stomach is not working well, your brain isn’t at its prime either. This is because of the gut-brain connection. Your gut responds to your brain’s signals. They communicate chemically and physically. The vagus nerve is the physical connection. It oversees various bodily functions, including digestion, mood, heart rate, and immune response. A healthy gut may improve mood and anxiety by stimulating the vagus nerve. Hormones and other brain chemicals also help to send messages between the gut and the brain. It’s a complicated system. But, researchers have found a potential link between an unhealthy gut and issues like autism, depression, dementia, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. Most of the evidence is preliminary.. With more research, it may become possible to alter your mental and physical health by altering your gut’s makeup.
- What are pre- and probiotics?
- Probiotics are strains of bacteria that are great for your gut health.
- Prebiotics are the things that these good bacteria, including various plant fibers.
- Ideas for going to an event when you have food intolerances:
- Have a plan B. If you can’t eat anything at a party, bring a protein bar.
- Bring unique dishes that everyone will love.
- Share recipes. See if your friends or family are willing to cook new foods.
- Discomfort or physical symptoms are not something you should ignore.
- You can learn to adapt and improve your lifestyle, regardless of how you need to eat.
- The Mind Gut Connection: https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Gut-Connection-Conversation-Impacts-Choices/dp/0062376586/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=mind+gut+connection&qid=1634615942&sr=8-2
- The Food Intolerance Handbook: https://www.amazon.com/Food-Intolerance-Handbook-Understanding-Sensitivities/dp/1907119604/ref=asc_df_1907119604/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312049124368&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12247643531549985216&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028821&hvtargid=pla-493812966937&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61851652213&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312049124368&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12247643531549985216&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028821&hvtargid=pla-493812966937
- Homeopathy: An Alternative Way to Heal your Mind and Body https://open.spotify.com/episode/7jMOdumbNOr4wELc62ENii
- Truth About the War on Wheat: https://now.tufts.edu/articles/truth-about-war-wheat
Shawna’s Top picks for Gluten Free Food
- O’Doughs Gluten Free Bagels: https://odoughs.com/pages/products (My favourite is the “Everything” Bagel)
- Sweet Earth Almond Biscotti: https://sweetsfromtheearth.com/product/almond-biscotti/
- MyKind B-Complex: https://gardenoflifecanada.com/products/garden-of-life-mykind-vitamin-bcomplex-once-daily?_pos=2&_sid=ade6bac80&_ss=r
To join my “Healthy Skin Program” just DM or reach out to me on any of my Social Media platforms listed above. This is where you’ll learn additional tips and tricks to eat healthy for your skin and create healthy habits to boost your energy!
SHAWNA PATRUNO (HOST OF REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shawna.patruno/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reawakeningbeauty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnapatruno/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/patruno_shawna
FREE RESOURCES AND MORE INTERVIEWS (YOUTUBE)
PUBLISHED WORK ON CONFIDENCE AND SKIN CARE TIPS
- Published Articles on Confidence: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_fallwinterissue_final2/s/11329571
- Skin Care Tips: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_summerspringissue_finalj2019_on/16?ff=
GABI GRECO (GUEST ON REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
Gabi Greco is represented by Orange Model Management Agency in Montreal. Her appreciation for modelling came from the ability to tell a story through photography. But ultimately, she aims to inspire women and encourage confidence, inside & out. That is her goal. To influence positive thinking is her dream.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alwaysdoyouboo
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alwaysdoyouboo/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@alwaysdoyouboo?
SPEAKER WEBSITE: https://www.alwaysdoyouboo.com/