Air Date: March 14, 2021
A lot of people are throwing the word “Clean Beauty” around, but does any one actually know what that means? Did you know in the beauty world some products that are considered clean have toxins in them? Listen to this episode to understand how to shop for your health and learn some not so common tips.
- Can you tell me about your experience in the Clean Beauty Industry?
- What is “green washing” mean and how is this type of marketing occur?
- How can we as consumers be aware of green washing tactics, and what can we do about it?
- Is there anything else consumers should know about the beauty industry?
- Is there anything else you want to leave our listeners with on this topic?
- The beauty industry has not been regulated well and updated since 1948.
- “Greenwashing” is the process of conveying a false impression or providing misleading information about how a company’s products are more environmentally sound. It is a play on the term “whitewashing,” which means using misleading information to gloss over bad behavior.
- Some ingredients can be harmful, cause endocrine disruption, breakouts, rashes and might be environmentally unsound.
- The documentary, “Toxic Beauty,” on CBC Gem will inform you about what has been happening behind the scenes of the beauty industry and how certain products may harm you and your environment.
- Missy’s brand focuses on four factors as they produce their clean beauty makeup line: company transparency, ethics, sourcing and sustainability practices.
- As a consumer, it’s important to become educated and aware of issues so that you may make beauty choices that suit you best.
- Credo Beauty does a beautiful job explaining their clean product standards. https://credobeauty.com/blogs/clean-scene/an-introduction-to-the-credo-clean-standard?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvYi0vIvb7gIVrPLACh3BBw6HEAAYASAAEgKS9_D_BwE
SHAWNA PATRUNO (HOST OF REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shawna.patruno/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reawakeningbeauty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnapatruno/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/patruno_shawna
FREE RESOURCES AND MORE INTERVIEWS (YOUTUBE)
PUBLISHED WORK ON CONFIDENCE AND SKIN CARE TIPS
- Published Articles on Confidence: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_fallwinterissue_final2/s/11329571
- Skin Care Tips: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_summerspringissue_finalj2019_on/16?ff=
MISSY MACKINTOSH (GUEST ON REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
Missy MacKintosh is an internationally acclaimed professional makeup artist. Her work featured in Cosmopolitan, Huffington Post, or Daily Mail. She graduated from Blanche McDonald Center and Make Up For Ever Academy in Paris. She now has over 15 years of experience in the beauty industry. Missy has worked on countless international publications, campaigns, and has an extensive background in cosmetic retailing working for companies such as Make Up For Ever and Nars.
Known for her creativity and perfectionism, Missy is constantly pushing herself to think outside of the box and try new techniques. Over the past couple of years, she stepped outside her product box and started playing with natural cosmetics. A love affair had started, and she fell in love with the integrity and values behind natural, clean cosmetics. However, she found most natural cosmetics did not hold up to her professional standards. So, Missy decided to take matters into her own hands. With her expertise and extensive cosmetic knowledge, she worked lengthily to create a line that pushes the technology and performance of natural cosmetics to new heights, with both consumer and pro artist in mind. While keeping the values she adores – clean, ethically sourced, green, Canadian made, cruelty free, vegan, and sustainable. Missy worked directly with a female Canadian Chemist to create the first Professional Performing Clean Makeup Line – MisMacK Clean Cosmetics. Missy has sourced and designed every aspect of MisMacK from her basement of Canoe, BC.
The driving force behind each product has the same thought-process and fastidiousness that Missy puts into her art. But Missy’s passion for makeup goes beyond application and into education. She thrives on helping people understand the fundamentals and the creative aspect of makeup. With MisMacK Clean Cosmetics, she is beyond excited to help educate makeup lovers around the world and to help inspire artists to ignite their creative side.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mismackcleancosmetics/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/missymackintosh/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/mismackcleancosmetics/
SPEAKER WEBSITE: https://mismack.com/
Promo Code: for 15% off use the code “reawakeningbeauty”