Air Date: May 16 2021
Are you thinking of becoming a model? Do you not know where to start? Fashion Model Rebekah Allred shares exclusive details from within the modelling industry including, cost of getting started, how to know if you’re being scammed as well as some tips and tricks for doing taxes, posing and so much more.
- How challenging is it to get a modelling contract that serves you well?
- What is a “comp card” in the modelling industry, and what’s the cost of it?
- How much does the agency invest in their model?
- Was your transition from the military to becoming a model challenging?
- Do you have any advice for someone who wants to get into the modelling industry right now?
- What’s something that you have experienced as a model that is not talked about enough in the modelling world?
- Can you expand on any tips you’ve received on doing your taxes as someone who is self-employed?
- How do you act the role as you model in varying shoots?
- Are there any modelling tips and tricks that you can share?
- Are agencies beginning to search for more diversity in their models’ bodies, race, shapes and sizes?
- Is there anything you want to leave the audience with today?
- What do you do to be positive on the modelling set?
- What can we do for you, Rebekah?
- Rebekah started as a freelance model in Texas and signed with a modelling agency in New York City after realizing she wanted to make this a career.
- Part of the job of the modelling or booking agency is to develop you, as the model. You shouldn’t have to pay anything to get involved. Though, there are small fees like website updates and paying for your comp card.
- A comp card in modelling is a business card for models. They display basic information like your name, measurements, photos, and contact information. They cost about $65 for a pack of 100 cards. As a model, you often pay for them every 6 months.
- The best modelling agencies invest in continuing growth for their employees by taking them through test shoots. The experience should inform the model on ways to get better.
- When modelling, keep moving in a slow, methodical way. If you’re working with a good photographer, they catch the ideal shots! Models use their body movements to tell a story.
- When you are a model, even with an agency, you are self-employed. So, often your taxes are not taken out of your pay check until tax time. Typically, Rebekah saves 35% of the money she makes, so she can save for paying her taxes.
- There are brands that are starting to present people of all shapes and sizes. And, it’s not just to sell more clothes, but to change society’s beauty standards. Still, there is more work to be done in this realm.
- There are only two things you can control onset – attitude and effort. Provide positive energy and professionalism with whatever you do, and it can change your career for the better.
- Rebekah likes to use her platform. A philanthropic cause she supports is Partnerships with Industry, an organization bringing disabled people into the workforce.
- Backstage: https://www.backstage.com/casting/open-casting-calls/modeling-auditions/
- Partnerships with Industry: https://pwiworks.org/
SHAWNA PATRUNO (HOST OF REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shawna.patruno/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reawakeningbeauty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shawnapatruno/
FREE RESOURCES AND MORE INTERVIEWS (YOUTUBE)
PUBLISHED WORK ON CONFIDENCE AND SKIN CARE TIPS
- Published Articles on Confidence: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_fallwinterissue_final2/s/11329571
- Skin Care Tips: https://issuu.com/futurefemalemag/docs/ffm_summerspringissue_finalj2019_on/16?ff=
REBEKAH ALLRED (GUEST ON REAWAKENING BEAUTY)
BIO: Rebekah Allred was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She was homeschooled until middle school then went to very small private schools through high school. After high school she joined the Navy reserves and worked in intelligence for her eight year contract. She has traveled to Korea several times and worked with NATO in England. Because she was Navy reserves she always had to maintain a civilian job. She worked at a law firm on the legal assistant track and also worked as a job coach for people with disabilities. She has always had a passion for working with people who are developmentally disabled. She is an outdoor enthusiast including hiking, rock climbing, backpacking, etc. nature is her happy place. She started modelling in 2019 and it has been a very successful career shift. She’s honoured and humbled by the experiences that she’s had and is grateful for the opportunities this career has given her.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rebekah-Allred-Model-107038587849790
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bex_allred
SPEAKER INTERVIEW TYPE: Zoom Phone Conference